Share/Bookmark

Pop is played out! -Try Kwai

1 comment
Kwaicore is a shining beacon of light amongst the polluted world of music. It is a raw and untouched genre that comes straight from our South African roots. It portrays nothing but a true reflection of the world and is brutally honest. Profits are not it's driver, the cause is. This is a genre untouched by the mainstream influence and is pure underground. Its still got that smell of brand new shoes and with two strong genres for its roots it looks like its not going anywhere soon. It is everything mainstream is not, bringing reality to your doorstep. Kwaicore tells no lies and encourages unity, freedom and collaboration. When you read the rest of this article I am sure Kwaicore won't be such an absurd concept... Don't be afraid to try something new!

Jon lajoei's comedic impression of "Pop Music" raises a few eyebrows..



You know when you hear something or in this case watch it on the internet thinking "thats so true" repeatedly with every prophetic word that you hear. In this instance it took a sarcastic talented comedian to drum into my head the truth about pop music.

You see as a non-conformist, I generally avoid mainstream mass media, I support the local acts of Durban and stick to watching series online.With Facebook, Twitter and google as well as other social web based platforms, I am able to keep up to date with the things I want to know about. The radio in my ancient set of wheels packed up before I even owned it but allows me to play CDs so loud you could here it in space. However it is a shock to the system when I do come across the infectious sewage spewing through some gap in my anti main stream filter.

The human race never ceases to amuse me. The amount of times i have heard the same song play over on the radio as if it was deciding for me that I enjoyed that music. The superficiality and utter senselessness of some of the lyrics in songs with millions of views leaves me with a sense of concern for our future generations. Popular music has become a grand marketing and money making scheme. More than often the profitability and marketability of the music outweighs the quality of it. This means big time producers are not afraid to release truck loads of garbage into the mouldable and easily influenced youth of our world.

Can you physically put swag x3 on someone?


What now? This isn't kindergarten... Use big girl words.

That's just vulgar! What would your grandmother say!?
What drugs are you on buddy?
That's right, it's totally normal to love yourself that much..
So you're an iliterate alcoholic?

1 comment

Anonymous : 21 April 2013 at 09:06

its shocking that local musicians struggle so much when the leaders of the music industry make such bad music

Post a Comment

What do you think? Tell us...

HOME | ABOUT

Copyright © 2011 Pulp music! | Powered by BLOGGER | Template by 54BLOGGER